Thursday, September 11, 2008

JUDC

It's exciting times around here. Two years ago Kelli and I came into the country with the idea of starting a discipleship ministry. We wanted to bring young believers out from America or Europe and give them a chance to be discipled here and to learn the land. At the same time we wanted them to be active in the work here and to help broaden our impact in the city.

When Kelli and i first got here, I had envisioned renting a building for this purpose. God had a better plan. About one week after I got here, Kelli and I were asked to take the pastorate of the Mount of Olives Church of God. It was an amazing door opening up for us because the church here has guest rooms that were at the time being used to lodge travelers. We're now using them as dorm rooms.

For the last two years we have been laying the ground work and praying a lot. I sometimes wondered if it was reasonable to try to recruit young people to come out to the Middle East. The funny thing was, I didn't work very hard recruiting the three young people that we have. The two young men wrote me and Kayla came here for another event and stayed in our building. Three months later she's back full-time

I feel very confident the it was God, not me, that assembled this team. I also believe that one year from now we will look back and see that God has done amazing things in and through us.

1 comment: